Welcome to our training portal.
Our range of theory & practical tutorials will give you the tools and resources to train your dog to deliver a visiting canine assisted therapy service, whether you are offering an independent or dual role service or volunteering for a pet therapy organisation.
1. Introduction to Therapy Dog Training - Free Mini Workshop.
2. Therapy Dog Training - How to Deliver a Safe and Effective Service
3. Therapy Dog Training Theory Workshop – Preparing your Dog for Therapy Work
Depending on the level of practical training you have undertaken with your dog, we have added video-based tutorials as single courses.
These step by step practical courses will help you to reach the recommended standard for canine assisted therapy and are equivalent to UK Kennel Club Good Citizen Award levels.
1. Introduction to Training for puppies and older dogs.(Video based training tutorials)
2. Fun & Games Bronze - for dogs who have undertaken some basic training (Video based training tutorials)
3. Fun & Games Silver - advanced training and minimum standard for therapy dogs.(Video based training tutorials)
It is important that you socialise your dog with other dogs and humans in as many different environments as you can.Initial meeting and greeting should always be brief, positive and happy.
If you want to train your dog to assist a member of your own family contact us here
We currently have no live events running